The International Space Station, the largest co-operative project ever carried out in science, turned 15 years old today!
Here are some cool facts (via @NASA):
- Thetravels an equivalent distance to the Moon and back in about a day.
- More than 136 space flights were conducted on 7 different types of launch vehicles to construct the
- 68 countries have been involved in raboard the
- There are 52 computers controlling the numerous systems on the.
- The US solar array surface area on theis large enough to cover 8 basketball courts.
- Theweighs almost 1 million pounds (including visiting spacecraft) and has more livable space than a 6-bedroom house.
- If you don’t watch a series entirely you are not a true fan
- If you do watch a series entirely you are not a true fan
You are only a true fan if you:
- are powered by electricity
- have multiple flat blades
- spin around really fast
i got so mad then laughed so hard
BEST GIF USE EVER
Yeah, why not? New OTP. <3
I wore that costume to challenge the way New Yorkers think about superheroes — and bearded Sikhs like me
This article isn’t about cosplay, it’s about a social experiment, but I thought it was really interesting because he experienced what cosplayers experience every time they go out in costume. Postive reactions, negative reactions, lots of pictures and comments, the general buzz from people as he walked around and the self-consciousness as you mentally check off everything not perfect about your costume.
That’s not something you hear a lot about in the cosplay community, but it IS the experience.